Pakistan’s skipper and wonderful batsman Babar Azam was a ball-picker in Proteas’s last tour of Pakistan in 2007. In a video shared by the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB), the star batsman said becoming the test captain was first inspired by a match between Pakistan and South Africa in the year 2007.
The skipper said that he remembers watching the last match of legendary batsman Inzamam-ul-Haq where he got dismissed before breaking Javed Miandad’s record. “I witnessed it all live. I saw the way he went back to the dressing room and took his anger out on the bat,” he said. Babar further added to his statement that, “This journey has been long and tough but I feel blessed to be making my Test captaincy debut against the same team,” The first test match of the test series is starting on 26 January and the second on February 4. Also, the T20 series will be played on February 11, 13 and 14
Look at the complete schedule of the test and T20 series:
- 1st Test – Jan 26 to Jan 30 – National Stadium Karachi – starts 10 am PST
- 2nd Test – Feb 4 to Feb 8 – Rawalpindi Stadium – starts 10 am PST
- 1st T20I – Feb 11 – Gaddafi Stadium Lahore – (day/night) starts 3:30pm PST
- 2nd T20I – Feb 13 – Gaddafi Stadium Lahore – (day/night) starts 3:30pm PST
- 3rd T20I – Feb 14 – Gaddafi Stadium Lahore – (day/night) starts 3:30pm PST